At the Water Mill - Русская лаковая миниатюра

At the Water Mill

New

This attractive round box has been painted by Larisa Mazurina from the village of Palekh. Mazurina was born in 1974 in the village of Palekh, Ivanovo Region where she resides at present. In 1994 the artist finished the Palekh Art School. Her teachers were V.V. Buldakov and T.I. Belousova. Her favorite themes to depict are fairy-tales and landscapes.

More details

This product is no longer in stock

$299.00

Add to wishlist

Data sheet

ArtistMazurina Larisa
Size8x8x4.5
Size (inches)3.25x3.25x1.5
SchoolPalekh

More info

This attractive round box has been painted by Larisa Mazurina from the village of Palekh. Mazurina was born in 1974 in the village of Palekh, Ivanovo Region where she resides at present. In 1994 the artist finished the Palekh Art School. Her teachers were V.V. Buldakov and T.I. Belousova. Her favorite themes to depict are fairy-tales and landscapes.
In the foreground the artist has painted peasants picking mushrooms while in the background we can see a peasant who has carried grain to the watermill. The scene is painted in the traditional Palekh style, and beautifully detailed with gold and aluminum paint. Gold and aluminum paint is also used to decorate the box's exterior with intricate patterns.
The box is made out of paper-mache. Black lacquer covers the exterior and red lacquer covers the interior of the box. The box has no hinge and rests on a flat bottom. The box is signed with the artist's name, Palekh, and the year of 2004.

Reviews

No customer comments for the moment.

Write a review

At the Water Mill

At the Water Mill

Write a review